Sunday 3 October 2010

Dehli 2010 - Proud host of the CWG!


Today, it is actually all about India! Delhi are the proud hosts of this years Commonwealth games! Less than 2 weeks ago, India were about to make a mockery of themselves! In less than a week they managed to turn the tables, and make the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth games an amazing one to remember!
However, even though I wasn't fortunate enough to be present in Delhi for the event itself, I was pretty much comfortable on my couch with coffee and crisps tuned in @BBC 1 - Live!
Moments like this I realise even more how much I feel the deepest connection with my Ancestral Country...may have been born here in the UK but something stronger inside pulls me to India/my Indianess.

Did anyone else notice, how all the country's competitors were coming out with elegance and grace.. England came out and I see guys pulling their tongue out at the camera like they're on a night out in Blackpool.. oh dear o dear..

And my highlight of the opening ceremony... those amazingly beautiful saris...

One thing which was annoying, was Prince Charles! While everyone else is watching, Charles and Camilla were chatting to each other non stop so far.. anyone told them where they are... :-))

The colours, the music, the spirituality, the passion, the love, the culture..what we saw on our screens this evening makes me feel so proud to be Indian so proud.. it's beautiful xxx

1 comment: